Backup Office 365 Mailbox to PST
Exchanging crucial data or communicating from one place to another is essential to every business organization. It all happens through email, making communication easy for all users.
Some users protect their data and want to keep it safe and secure. For those users, it is better to backup the Office 365 mailbox to PST, as this can secure their data from any damage.
It is the best solution for users to keep their data safe and protected. Office 365 is famous worldwide, and people use Microsoft 365 for personal and professional work.
Therefore, the users must back up Office 365 so no other user can hack their information. If you want to know the reason behind the backup process, check out below.
- Sometimes users delete their data intentionally/accidentally, and they lose all their essential data. Hence taking a backup of the data will help the users to deal with it.
- If users take the backup of the Microsoft 365 archive mailbox into a PST file, then they can save the file into a local drive and will be able to view it anytime.
- Everyone knows that Office 365 is being used universally, so it is dangerous for users as anyone can access their data. To backup Office 365 to PST will be the perfect solution for the users.
- One of the common reasons for backup Office 365 mailbox to PST format is that users can shorten the size of the.
Different Ways to Conduct Office 365 backup process
There are different ways to Backup Office 365 mailbox to PST file format. All the users who are willing to proceed with the backup process will be able to do it in two ways one is the manual method, and the other one is the professional third-party tool. Both methods are available for the users to choose which method they want to go for. We will share the working of both methods in the following paragraph.
Backup Office 365 mailbox to PST manually
The manual method is a complex process performed by technical experts only. Therefore, it was also troublesome for the users earlier to back up their Microsoft 365 emails manually.
The procedure takes a long time to back up the whole mailbox. Therefore, many users still trust the manual method to proceed.
Moreover, we suggest users use a professional third-party tool for the entire process. You can check out the below-mentioned steps to backup the Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- Firstly, open the MS Office and enter the administrator credentials.
- Now visit the option and then Exchange.
- After that, tap on the Permission option, then admin roles>> discovery management.
- After that, tap on the + sign to add roles.
- Now tap on the mailbox import/ Export option.
- After that, click on the + icon and then click on the user’s name; after that, tap on the Save option.
- Now go to compliance management, click on in place eDiscovery and hold, and then tap on New (+).
- There will be in place eDiscovery and hold dialogue box will appear before you, then enter the name and click on the Next button.
- Click on the search all mailbox option and select the mailbox, or you can also select the specific one by clicking on specify mailbox to search option.
- After that, please tap on the next button from the search query screen before it sets the filter.
- There will be in place hold setting dialogue box where you have to estimate the date to store the data before it deletes.
- After you are done with the step, then click on the Finish option.
- Once you have completed the process, there will be a confirmation message, and then click on the Close option.
- Last, tap on the download arrow and then take the backup of the mailbox into PST files.
- By following, users can back up the Office 365 mailbox to PST successfully.
An automated method to perform the backup task
The backup of the Office 365 mailbox can also be done through a professional third-party tool. We have already explained the manual method to all the users; the users who want an instant backup of their Office 365 mailbox can do it with the automated method.
The professional method is the best solution for the users to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST files. Here is the whole procedure to begin the method.
The Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool is a reliable tool that will safely backup all the data. It comes with some fantastic features to swiftly complete the entire task.
The software can take the backup of the emails in other formats, i.e. MHT, MSG, EML, and HTML. Due to it, user’s friendly feature, it makes the procedure very easy-going.
- Download the Shoviv Office 365 and backup Restore tool and install it in your system.
- Now you must create a connection project to connect the Office 365 mailbox. Then tap on the connect option to fetch users available on the left ribbon bar of connect Office 365 tab.
- After that on the new window, you are supposed to enter the asked credentials like project name, Office 365 user, and password, and then click on the Connect option.
- To store the backup of Office 365 data, create a new backup directory.
- After that, tap on the Add icon from the backup directory tab.
- Now on the next window, enter the backup directory name and path. Where do you want to backup the Office 365 mailbox to PST?
- Post that, click on Add option of the toolbar to create a new backup.
- After that, a new dialogue box will open, then enter the required details on it and click on the Next option.
- Now users can select the mailbox they want to take backup of, and users can check out if they want to backup general or archive mailbox or both tap on the Next option after you have made the selection.
- Now users will be taken to the filter page, and they will be able to see three options, i.e. Date range, folder filter and message range. After that, tap on the Next option.
- After that, users will take to the setting dialog after applying the filter. Now here, users can set the thread count, and if there is a network failure, they can set the connection attempts. Users can also set the size of the PST files and then click on the Next option.
- On the next window, there will be two options one is the immediate, and the other one is the scheduler.
Users can set the periodic backup process for the automatic backup job or select one for a quick run. Users can select any one option, i.e. weekly, monthly, and daily or one time.
- After that, the status to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST will display before you. Lastly, users can tap on the Finish option, and if they want to make any changes, tap on the Back option.
- At the end of the whole process once you click on the Finish option the software will be preparing the live report of the entire procedure
In the above blog, users will learn everything about the procedure to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST quickly. We have explained both manual and professional methods in the content.
Users can opt for their preferred method in which they are more comfortable. Apart from this, we have also shared the tool so that users do not have to search for the best tool.
This tool is one of the most acknowledged tools and will support the users throughout the process.